Donate Here.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Up Off the Housetop. Camilla Falls...

Texted to me by my dad when I was in the hospital after falling off our roof hanging Christmas Lights. Then I sang it to my mom and our nurses. I cracked up. A lot. Because it's funny, but also because of the drugs. . .  
She’s Not St. Nick: Revolutionary ConTEXTing Poem

Sung to the tune of “Up On the House Top”

Down off the house top my daughter falls./
She thought she was Santa Claus./
Now she is feeling not so great./
Her femur and pelvis will get a plate./
Oh oh oh! Watch her go!/
Oh oh oh! Watch her go./
Down off the house top slick slick slip!/
Too bad she’s not made like St. Nick!
***
I've gotten some emails. Some people are mad, some are worried. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be evasive or aloof.... I don't know what to say. I haven't been well and I'm ashamed.  I'm 87 lbs, I was trying to deal with that. I came home to Seattle in the hopes of finding a place near home to help me gain weight safely. But instead I'm at Harborview medical center because I love Christmas lights, but also because I have zero padding. And my pelvis is allergic to 9 foot falls and pavement.
 I was lucky to have absolutely wonderful nurses and X-ray techs and doctors and PT's and social workers. I really felt cared about. I'm so thankful for people who choose and are able to do this kind of work. 
Angel Mother. Angel. 
 Post-Surgery Selfie. Oh Dilaudid. It's weird...
This is about 8" long and it feels like angel kisses. Ha

5 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're okay and are in a medical facility. please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for over a year now. I've watched you struggle and have cheered you on even when others have criticized you. Don't give up now! You still have a lot to offer the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been following you for a while now. Don't give up. You are amazing and I agree with Beth - you have so much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have a responsibility to the world to be in recovery or to update your blog. Your readers worry and root for you, but your blog is just a gift to us, not an obligation. I hope you are being kept comfortable and finding some peace. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Prayers for a speedy recovery, but I'm glad you are safe and being taken care of. There isn't much more that I can say that the other comments haven't already... but please know that your readers care about you and are cheering for you. Recovery is hard. It's the hardest thing I've ever tried to do and the ups and downs really suck. I'll admit, I do get worried when you post that you're struggling and then disappear, but I also know that this process is like that.

    While I don't agree with readers sending you angry emails, I have to assume it is out of a place of caring because they really want to make sure you are okay. But your recovery and that process comes before your blog. If you are struggling and need to side-line the blog to figure out your next move and how you are going to get the support you need, then our comments don't matter--- you have to take care of you first.

    Please don't give up. You are an incredibly talented and gifted woman. Love and prayers for peace, speedy recovery from your fall, and guidance for the next step in beating Frank.

    ReplyDelete