Donate Here.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

What I (Didn't Know I) Love About Me.

Have you ever had a dream that something about your physical appearance has changed and you woke up relieved that it was just a dream? That's happened to me before, but it's usually something like my hair or teeth all fell out or I'm drastically overweight. Last night was different. I dreamed that I'd been in an accident and after facial reconstruction my nose was different and my jaw was less pronounced  They weren't "worse" or "uglier," just different. But I was so sad. I even told several dream-people, "I know it doesn't look bad, but I used to have my dad's jaw. I used to have my mom's nose." My dream-self was so sad that a visible physical connection to my ancestors, my parents, my siblings, was gone.

I learned two things from that dream.
One: I really do love my nose and my jaw. I love them the way they are. I love that all of the Kuhns Kids have the same jaw. I love that when we smile people can tell we're related. I love that my nose is like my mom's. Genetically I had about a 60% chance of having just a HUGE schnoz and I'm glad I don't. Not that there's anything wrong with big noses, I'm just glad that I don't have one. (I hope that doesn't make me shallow or offend anyone).
Two: Jaw and nose are not what make me beautiful. At least not in my dream. In my dream, no one really noticed. And those who did notice didn't care. My jaw and my nose did't effect my personality, and in my dream it was clear that my personality was the thing attracting people to me. Granted, it was a dream, but I woke up knowing that the principle is true. No one enjoys being with a physically gorgeous mean person. Or a physically gorgeous boring person. Or a physically gorgeous insecure person. Or a physically gorgeous uninteresting person.

Anyway, I'm interested to see if anyone else has had this kind of dream? Is there something your subconscious loves about you that you never realized?? Actually I don't even care about that! I want to know what you love about you and why. Leave it in a comment, email me, text me, whatever. I want to hear about it!

Strong Jaws :)

4 comments:

  1. I love my eyes! They are my favorite thing about me! Since we are related, it's funny reading this post because I know what "big noses" you are talking about and I'm grateful I don't have it either haha! I'm so happy that you realize what you love about yourself and it makes me feel hopeful for your sure recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that my hands look like my grandmother's it warms my heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love the strong jaw! i have one too and haven't always loved it, but i sure do now. and i think your strong jaw is pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete