Donate Here.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Insulted at the FroYo Place

Insulted at the FroYo Place
This video was made Saturday evening with my sister-in-law at the Scottsdale mall. After I got my yogurt I sat down at the table axross from Jess. i felt so ashamed by the volume pf yogurt in front of me that I turned away from her, put my hood on. and began crying quietly crying
She asked me what was wrong and I didn't feel like I could even say; it was so embarrassing.
I didn't want to eat the yogurt, but I hadn't eaten lunch, and I'd spent money on it so I felt really guilty.

I honestly didn't know what to do. (I know, I have such first world problems)...
Looking back at the video, I think it's a little funny -- actually it's very funny -- but in the moment it wasn't funny at all. I felt trapped... I think this shows how crazy and irrational you can feel when your eating disorder mind is taking over in the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Im glad you can laugh about it, i love the comment that "i dont ever want to come to scottsdale again." it just shows how much you were in fight/flight mode. Ive definitely been in situations were people have made comments about the amount im getting and i get really self-concious over it, but your sister in-law is SO right, NO one would ever say that to someone who is by subjective standards considered "obese" but people say those comments all the time to skinny people i think because they have their own insecurities about themselves and are jealous in a way that they cant have that. You can have all the damn froyo you want! You were probably hungry too, thus a bit more prone to being in a sensitive and emotional state. Keep on doing great! You never have to justify your food, NEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camilla -- I found your blog via Shelly Geller. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and recognizing all that you can be. And thanks for being so honest. I know it can't be easy. My aunt died of heart failure due to years of anorexia. I wish she had the help that you are getting, I wish there had been a better support system out there for her, but there wasn't. Anorexia tortured her life for years and kept her from thriving and becoming who she was meant to be and then took her life too soon. I wish you all the best in your battle. Eat all the fro yo you want pretty girl!!

    ReplyDelete