Donate Here.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good Luck Camilla


Have you guys seen the movie Good Luck Chuck? Me either. BUT, I have heard about it. Today I learned that another one of my ex-boyfriends is engaged. Congratulations. I am jubilant that my former paramour is jubilant. (Anyone know that reference??). Seriously though, I am happy for him and I do want him to be happy, but I’m a little annoyed. His engagement marks the fifth man I’ve dated seriously and broken up with who has married the next girl they dated seriously. (Chris, Chris, Matt, Scott, Matt—apparently if your name is Chris or Matt you have an EXTRA good chance of this working.) Every one of those girls was blonde, fair, and basically the opposite of me physically. And also probably not crazy, which is great. Anyway, I’m convinced that I’m some kind of lucky charm thing.

So, men of the world, if you want to get married, be my boyfriend for at least 5 months. That should do it. (Again, it helps if your name is Matt or Scott.)Then I will break up with you. You will be sad, but then you will meet a beautiful blonde and subsequently thank me for your eternal happiness for the rest of forever. And sing songs about me. (Possible lyrics: “Camilla is great. She and I used to date! She dumped me, but it was fate! She helped me find a mate! Now we can pro-create!”) And name your oldest girl Camilla. And hope she doesn’t have the same problem. 

4 comments:

  1. You have the funniest sense of humor! Take care of yourself and the rest will take care of itself. I so enjoy reading your posts. Keep it up. :):). Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'd be willing to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not crazy! You are perfectly lovely and working very hard on recovering from an eating disorder. Many people wouldn't even have the courage to look that demon in the face and say, "enough". I struggled for YEARS and am now happily recovered, but it took work and still re-tweaking during difficult times. Some future man will be so blessed to be your life partner.
    I never cared for the names Chris or Matt anyhow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That song! I'm still laughing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete