Donate Here.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Funny Sister, Shirts, and Gratitude.


December 17, 2012

I have another funny sister story. My sister . . . she’s a hoot.

Yesterday the Packers played the Bears and DOMINATED. We won and are now the NFC North Division champions. Go Pack. In honor of the game, I was wearing my Greenbay shirt and my Cheesehead beanie. Dad took a picture of me posing like Clay Matthews (aka the future Mr. Kuhns, father of my children) and sent it to my siblings with the caption, “GO PACK! Love, Camilla.”
Sarah texted back.
She didn’t say, “Go Pack!” or “Yay!” or “Nice!” or “Love you too!”

Nope.
She said, “YAY! SHE HAS BOOBS!”

Oh, Sarah. You kill me. Most of my best stories start with, “This one time my sister . . . “

Also last night I had a pass with my dad. We went to Savers (again) for the last 15 minutes it was open. I really needed some shirts that fit, so we divided and conquered. I found 3 t-shirts and a hoodie. For $12. NIIICE. I am feeling much better about my clothing situation. The BEST part was I didn’t feel gross when I was trying the clothes on! I felt like I looked ok. It was such a relief. I hope that feeling lasts for a little while. So far today I’m feeling ok, so that’s great. Any respite from the fat feeling is always cherished.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. We decorated the tree here and we can play Christmas music now, so it feels a lot cheerier and more festive around the unit in general. I’m so grateful for everyone who has sent care packages and Christmas cards. The girls always get excited when I get a package because they know it’s never for me, it’s always for the them or the unit. The simple things make our day. I’ve never seen anyone so excited about pencils and coloring books. Not even my 7 year old godson.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it a million more times and it still won’t be enough. I am SO grateful to be here. I really don’t know why I’m so lucky. So many girls need help and don’t get it. I’m fully aware that I’m undeserving and am truly one of the lucky ones. I feel like the luckiest. I’m learning so much. Frank gets a little quieter every day. Apparently food and hard work are his kryptonite, so as long as I keep myself nourished and working hard, his demise is immanent.

Frank. Is. Going. Down. 
That’s the best Christmas present. Thank you all SO much.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are doing as well as you are. An avid reader of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY SHE HAS BOOBS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I love the packers!!! go packers!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Milla :)
    I think you are a good writer. Your posts have a nice flow to them. I enjoy reading it a lot. Keep sharing your stories.
    Love, Aly

    ReplyDelete