Donate Here.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

She's Gone In! - From Her Dad

With Camilla's permission, here is an update about her treatment for her eating disorder:
She went in to a treatment center in central Utah at 2:30 p.m. Thursday (late). 4 hours later, after taking the luggage from the room back out to the van and sitting in the van for 1/2 hour, she finally went in and signed the papers saying she would stay (usually it takes about 1/2 hour). The doctors were very kind and patient. I took the luggage back out of the van and had it waiting by the front door, hoping that a staff member would open the door and say she wanted to stay, and take the luggage in. And at about 6:40 p.m., that is what happened.
   At 9:30 p.m. she called me saying she wanted to leave. Frank is NOT going quietly. I told her I loved her but could not/would not come and get her. Hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
The next day (Friday) she called several times saying she wanted to leave. I did not answer the phone, but listened to the messages. I called the nurse back, and told her to tell Camilla "She's been wanting to have control. She's been saying that her parents are forcing her to do things. She now has control. If she wants to leave, I will not help her. In fact, I have gone out of town because I knew this would happen, and I knew if I was in town, I would help her."
Saturday (today) the Center called again. They said Camilla was asking for a blanket, slippers and some other items to be sent to her!  It sounds like she's staying in and getting the help she needs.
Please continue to pray for her ... and donate. This is NOT a scam. Every day she is in there she gets closer to being better ... but it does cost real money to stay in there. Thank you! - Dave Kuhns

2 comments:

  1. David thanks for providing updates. We had another Starwars movie party on Friday and raised around $200. Last time we commissioned the night baker to make princess leia cinnamon rolls and they were a big hit. Since in treatment we provided a link to this blog and asked people to bring donations if they could. I feel like this is just a small drop in the bucket but that bucket has to get full somehow. Please keep posting with updates so that we can help keep the word going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Camilla. She can beat this!

    ReplyDelete