Donate Here.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Meet the Poppes.

Last night I wanted to make cookies for my second family, the Poppes. I love them. I can't even tell you.

Nic is my BFF.

We met through our angel Lindsey in 2005.

Our friendship was immediate. It was like finding a soul mate. I think my spirit recognized hers. We have been through so many things together. . .

The birth of her son, Kolter. My godson.
My wedding. . .
Her wedding. . .


My divorce, 
The births of her babies Teenie:
And Kenny


Linds' unexpected death. . .  


she has been a constant and a rock during some of the worst times and best times of my life. She is patient and understanding and generous. I'm so thankful for her. "She is my family. My insides . . . that's how important she is to me."
I don't know what I'd do without her, or her family.

For the last two weeks they've been letting me use one of their cars because mine dies at random times. I've had a billion things to do: doctor appointents, meetings with SS, etc. Using that car has been a lifesaver. Plus it's Lindsey's old car, and I'm flooded with good memories when I drive it. (two words: Airheads Roadtrip).


 . . . but that's a story for another blog.  .

So I wanted to make them SOMETHING. They're hard to bake for sometimes, not because they're picky, but because they eat SUPER healthy 99.999999% of the time. . .  So I decided (since they're not huge into sweets, and they're close friends who will forgive me if I give them something gross) to try something new. A shortbread dough pressed into mini-muffin cups, with a custard-type filling, chocolate and peanut butter chips, and topped with the same. VOILA. Peanut Butter and Chocolate cookie cups.
AKA pop-over cookies.

Because they're like pop-overs . .  . Pop-Overs for the Poppe's . . . see what I did there?

I just hope they tasted ok. . . Seth the taster was in Canada.

So thank you times a million to the Poppes. I love you. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this! Thank you for the wonderful start to my day and the tears. I'm so incredibly proud of you and what you're doing. This is just another bump in the road. I'll be here for you and you WILL get through this. I love you soul sister!

    ReplyDelete