Donate Here.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Dear Camilla,

Yes, I called you dear. I don't like you most days. But today is Kristian's wedding day and I'm a big ball of love. I just read this, and I want you to try to remember it next time you get dressed or see a magazine,

"The problem isn’t with [your] body, it’s with a dress that only looks good on a woman who is 5’11 and a size zero.

That little girl who is going to become a 5’4, size 12 woman can’t just become a 5’11, size 0 woman when she wants to fit into a dress that was designed by someone who couldn't be bothered to make a dress that looks good on someone who is not a model."

You are supposed to be 5'8" and whatever size you are. The dress is meant to cover you, you're not meant to accommodate it.

Truth.
Love,
Camilla

5 comments:

  1. Big ball of love Camilla is awesome! Have a great time today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun today!!! Post pictures.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read the size labels on clothes, I just put them on until I find something that fits/looks good. I have my husband cut the labels off when we get home so I have no idea if I'm wearing a size 0 or a size 14. It helps.

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camilla, I admire you for taking a stand. I can't help finacially right now, i'm so sorry. I do support you 100% and i want you to know that. It sounds like you are going for treatment? Telling you that I am praying for you might sounds like a pat answer, and it is, however it is also true. I have stuggled with different disorders for years and years. I'm so proud of you and what you are doing. Trying to get help. It is not an easy thing, and sometimes it seems like everyone is trying to get in the way of the help (aka insurance!) I love you CAmille and if there is anything I can do, pls let me know! ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Camilla--I just read your story in the Kirkland Reporter and want you to know you are in my thoughts. I went through anorexia in my high school/college years, and I just want you to know that YOU CAN BEAT IT. There will be a time in your life when you say, "I went through that..." A time when it is not the biggest thing in your life. A time when you can be who you really, truly are, and to think your own thoughts--not the disease's thoughts. And the best news: you'll still love baking at the end of it all, and you'll even be able to eat the things you bake. I do! Please e-mail me if you need someone else to talk to (my e-mail address is on my blog).

    ReplyDelete