Donate Here.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Some Things Don't Have to Make Sense.

Since starting this blog I've received several e-mails asking how baking could possibly be calming or therapeutic to someone with anorexia. Or pointing out that sometimes I fall apart when I'm baking and it's NOT therapudic. Or wondering why I do it. Or if it's eating disordered behavior. .
I really don't know the answer to any of those questions. It doesn't make sense to me either.
My theory is that baking is like art therapy. A creative outlet. Only I'm not good at art, so I hate art therapy. HATE. But I AM good at baking.

So that's my best guess. Cooking as art therapy.

Anyway, I don't know the answer. But what I CAN say is this: To all the skeptics. To all the haters. To all the nay-sayers,

Don't even ACT like you don't want a cookie. :)

Or Truffles . . .
Or BREAD
Etc . . .

Etc.

5 comments:

  1. You don't know me, I don't know you but I support you 100% and I hope you can kick Frank out of your life forever. Your baked goods look amazing and I think food is art. I love to bake and it can be very difficult to make it look good AND taste good. So keep up the good work. You are seriously such a darling girl. Get well! Please get well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get how baking can be therapeutic for you! I love the art therapy comparison. And, I would totally love to buy your "work."
      How do we order?!

      Keep up the good work!!!

      I totally think you should be on "Ellen" - I wrote her about your story (I asked you first). Anyone else who reads this should also suggest to Ellen. I think the more people who write in about this idea, the better.
      This is a wonderful, inspiring story and I believe Ellen could help Camilla's fundraising efforts.
      Just Google Ellen Degeneres and find the part that say, "Who would you like to see on the show?"

      Delete
  2. Me again. I would take baking lessons from you by the way. You should totally give baking lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My niece has anorexia also and absolutely loves to cook and is great at it. Hopefully you will get the help you need. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok they look so good Can you ship them to my house Please>

    ReplyDelete