Donate Here.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

People are Lovely.

On my way home from a meeting tonight I stopped at the store to buy chocolate chips because I'm out (and that's a PROBLEM in my house). I felt like this random man was following me around the store and it was making me very very uncomfortable. I was trying to ignore him when he walked up to me and said,
"I never do this. . . "

Oh dear . . . I look like a teenage boy am I seriously getting hit on?

"But I feel like the Good Lord wants me to give you ten dollars. . . "

*Blank stare from me*

" . . . Could you use ten dollars?"

I got teary eyed but I couldn't figure out what to say. . .

He insisted that I take it.

"It's not me, it's Him (pointing up). I don't know why, but God wants you to have this. Please take it and be well. God Bless You."

He started walking away and I said (awkwardly),

"I've actually been trying to raise money to fund some medical expenses. . . Thank You So Much."

Not the most eloquent thing to say, but it was all I could think of and I wanted him to know that his prompting actually made sense to me.

People. Are. Lovely.

“In God there is no hunger that needs to be filled, only plenteousness that desires to give.”
―C.S. Lewis,

A treat for the eyes AND the ears. For you, dear Reader.  

6 comments:

  1. would you mind if i used this story for my relief society lesson next week? It fits perfectly with the lesson (receiving personal inspiration).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, i guess this kind of thinking had help you recover from ED. Aside of course from the help of a bulimia treatment center.

    ReplyDelete