Donate Here.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Frank HATES the Packers.

I live in the Seattle area. I like the Seahawks. I'll even root for them. . .
Most days.
BUT NOT WHEN THEY PLAY THE PACK.



I was born in Fond du Lac, WI. 6th generation Wisconsinite, Cheesehead through and through.
Wisconsin is the Motherland, the Packers are the Mother of all football teams, and the Seahawks are like a favorite aunt. They are wonderful and awesome and fun, BUT THEY ARE NOT YO MOMMA.
And you're gonna pick yo momma every time.
Great Grandma *yes, I inherited that sweatshirt*
Me and Dad 2011
Anyway, there's been a lot of talk about how badly the game was called last night. People around here aren't even gloating. I think every Seahawks fan is a little embarrassed by that win. But that's not really the point of this post.

Like anyone else with terrible taste, my eating disorder (Frank) HATES the Packers.

I had no idea.

I didn't realize it until I went to the Wing Dome with my family to watch the game.
FRANK FLED.
Seriously.
For two blissful hours my brain was my own.
I cheered. I did Raji's touchdown dance. I looked people in the eye. . .

AND I ATE A MEAL IN PUBLIC. Not just public, but a CROWDED BAR.

2 hot wings, a small side salad, and some sweet potato fries WITH ketchup.

BOOM.

And I didn't feel like I had to exercise like a maniac afterwar. Even when I felt a little nauseated later (my body wasn't quite sure what to do with the food I think), I just accepted it.

I know it was my Packers and not just the restaurant or my family because I've gone to Wing Dome before with my family and had issues. Frank always sticks around. This is the first Packer game I have watched this season (shameful I know, but I don't have cable), and Frank did not stick around.


I think he might be intimidated by Raji's belly and Clay's arms.

Too bad Frank.

Like I said, Packers are the Momma, Seahawks are the favorite aunt. . . and Frank is the dysfunctional boyfriend everyone hates . . .
You know I can't have nobody dissin' my momma.

7 comments:

  1. For the record, This post is supposed to be fun. I in no way think I'm cured. I'm merely noting that for a few lovely hours I felt some respite. I don't know why, but I'm very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for being able to kick Frank out (even if just for a few hours) to truly enjoy family, football, and food! It's all about those momentous victories in the often rocky road to recovery. You are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me so happy to read!!!! Way to send Frank PACKing (Haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! That's such a STRONG step! I'm so excited for you!

    Wow - if you've doubted yourself - take this as a reminder that you have that strength in you to conquer/win; previously, you've just had the wrong "refs" calling the game, maybe? One day at a time! Little battles at a time.

    Sending love your way... You are amazing INDEED.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the Packers win the superbowl...and may you watch every single game without Frank...and may you win out over Frank by the time the PACK takes the bowl....this we pray for you!!
    tiny + tall

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much into nfl but if the Packers send frank packing, I say go packers go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry But this is what I say about the Packers BOO! sorry I like thes Steelers Sorry and don't be afrade I have a song that you may like It is called Fearless By Olivia Holt It is a good song to hear to if it hard to find some thing to hear trust me I have a hard time to thing when I do reports So it makes me fill better Also I have What you have But I got over it with my mom's help and my teachers they are so good to me. I love you ( McKenna.)

    ReplyDelete