Donate Here.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Researching Inpatient Treatment

I don't even know where to start. According to my nutritionist the brain is made up mostly of fat. People with anorexia struggle with mental clarity because their brains are starving. There's a whole debate in the eating disorder community about whether anorexics should be force fed as part of treatment, because it's really hard for treatment to get anywhere if your brain is starving.
Force feeding is sometimes necessary to keep them alive. Anorexia is a psychological disorder, but the physical symptoms have to be treated in order for counseling to be effective. When a person is malnourished, it can effect memory and thought processes and mental clarity. Counseling can't help someone who is not thinking clearly.


Anyway

As I sit on my computer researching different treatment programs I find myself getting increasingly frustrated. It's like trying to decipher hieroglyphs. I don't even understand what they're trying to say. How am I supposed to differentiate between programs or decide which one is right for me when I don't even understand what they're saying? It feels manipulative. Like whoever is writing these descriptions is thinking, "I'm going to make this as complicated as possible so that they'll just sign up and give us their money."
I'm so sad and so frustrated. I don't understand. And I don't know what to do.

Except bake cookies.
Bonjour petite cookie.

1 comment:

  1. You're cookies look so good, I wanna reach through the computer and grab some to eat!

    ReplyDelete