Donate Here.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nothing An Eclair Won't Fix.

6 years ago today I was getting married.

Yep. That happened.

For whatever reason this day makes me so sad, even years later. It's like a reminder that my problems and I are not worthy of love. And it hurts a lot. A. LOT. So I cried a lot in the morning and took out my frustration on a treadmill in the afternoon. And a bike. And an elliptical machine. For 4 hours. And I felt like a failure. I failed at my marriage. I failed at recovery. And now I'm letting my eating disorder beat me.

Then I made a different choice.

Know what rhymes with "I do"? Pâte à Choux (paht-ah-shoo). Know what I've never made but have been wanting to?  Pâte à Choux. So know what I did? I taught myself how to make these little pastry shells. The first batch turned out a little flat (much like my first marriage . . . ), so I cooked the roux a little longer the second time around and the second batch turned out lovely! (see the metaphor there? Haha.)

Toot Toot (that's my own horn.)


They can be filled with savory or sweet filling. I filled two with vanilla pastry cream, covered them with dark chocolate ganache and dusted with powdered sugar.

The rest I put in Shelli's fridge to do with what she wants. :) Nom nom nom.

Serious Therapy. New Skill Aquired.
Like. A. Ninja.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Camilla.
    And they look delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha,
    I like your blog Camilla. I think your jokes are funny and make me appreciate who you are more. All these pictures of treats though are making me want to eat sweet things. I will buy something from you at some point!

    (oh and for the record, it must have been a sign that I didn't find out about the banana bread, otherwise you would have been trying to cook that night :-D)

    ReplyDelete